Interview Questions and Answers for Any Job Candidate
Sample Interview Questions
It is always difficult to quickly pull together interview questions that get at the heart of how you may want to measure candidates. Also, what are some possible answers to expect?
This whitepaper is a rich collection of questions to ask during interviews. Not all questions will be applicable to every situation; choose questions that fit the position. When interviewing multiple candidates for a position, it is important to use the same criteria for evaluating each candidate so as to avoid legal problems.
The key is to be consistent and fair with all candidates (i.e., show no favoritism or discrimination). Use an interviewing guideline of core criteria/qualifications that is applicable to all candidates for the position.
Most of these questions do not have a "right" or "wrong" answer under all circumstances! After you have selected the questions that are appropriate to use, give some thought to the answer(s) that make sense given your organization, culture and the priorities of the position. The applicant's reasoning abilities and the thought process that leads to the answer is often as important as the answer itself.
Here are the interview question categories:
- Telephone Pre-Screen Interview Questions
- Behavioral Interview Questions
- Interpersonal Interview Questions
- Creative Thinking Interview Questions
- General Interview Questions
- Managerial Interview Questions
- Executive Interview Questions
Functional Interview Questions
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Sales Interview Questions
- Example Questions and Possible Answers for Interviews
- Sample Diversity Interview Questions
- Productivity/Time Management Questions
- Quality Interview Questions
- Learning Interview Questions
- Teamwork Interview Questions
- Managing Change Interview Questions
- Problem/Analysis Solving Interview Questions
Law Firm IT Help Desk Whitepapers
- How to Build a Virtuous Cycle for IT Technical Support: IT Help Desk Best Practises from Schulte Roth & Zabel LLP, an Award Winning Top 100 Law Firm