When Purchasing IT Help Desk and Customer Service Cloud Software, Get Senior Leaders On Board
An effective project manager should open a dialogue with senior leaders
The era of companies blithely spending money on software is over. Nowadays, project managers must put together a rigorous analysis and detailed cost justification before any checks are signed. However, it is important to first determine if senior leaders have any major pain points that may make them more likely to allocate money to a project.
To determine the depth and intensity of those issues, an effective project manager should open a dialogue with senior leaders. They should also discuss other challenges the business is facing, to view the issues in a relative context to each other. It's important to spend time digging deep with these senior leaders to truly understand what their pain points are and how they are affected by them. Then, they can begin to quantify how resolving the problems presented will benefit both them and the company.
In this article, we discuss some of the typical challenges of CIOs and VPs of Customer Service with respect to help desk or call tracking software. These points can also apply to other applications, such as ERP, Financial, Marketing and CRM. There are generally four main challenges for these kinds of senior leaders:
- Lack of Granular KPIs, Metrics or Reporting
- "Who Should I Reward, Warn or Terminate?"
- Labor Intensiveness is Painful
- Large Fees are Painful
IT Help Desk Whitepapers
- How Does Your Help Desk Measure Up? - A Help Desk can cut costs and enhance productivity. Is yours meeting the mark?
- Considerations for Outsourcing: Service Desk - A guide to improving your Service Desk and Service Delivery performance through outsourcing
- Looking Beyond the Sticker Price - "What it really costs to operate a call tracking system" - Summary of Acquisition and Lifetime Costs
- How Does the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) Impact the Hospital and Healthcare Industry