25 Question Service Desk Assessment
Determine the maturity level of your Service Desk/Help Desk
This 25 Question Assessment Excel provides a simple and quick method for gauging the maturity level of your Service Desk/Help Desk
This Service Desk/Help Desk Assessment Excel tool has 5 sections:
- Processes & Best Practices-How well defined and documented are the Service Desk/Help Desk processes?
- Organizational Integration-Is the Service Desk/Help Desk a valuable contributor to organization success?
- Technology Optimization-How mature are technology solutions?
- Staff Development-What is the professional level and commitment of the Service Desk/Help Desk staff?
- Information Management-How well does the Service Desk/Help Desk utilize metrics for customer satisfaction, call reduction, root cause and self-improvement?
To determine the maturity level of your Service Desk/Help Desk, compare your score with the information found on the Maturity Index tab. The Maturity Index is scaled from a high of "Actualized" which operates in a fully proactive mode with clearly documented processes and full integration with the rest of the organization, to a low of "Nonexistent."
|25 Question Service Desk Assessment|
|Instructions: This short Self-Assessment will give you quick insight into the maturity level of your Service Desk. Simply rate yourself on the questions in each section on a scale from 1 (low) to 5 (high). Your total score and the Maturity Index rating scale are found at the bottom of the questionnaire.|
|Service Desk Process and Best Practice Implementation||Score||S|
|Are incidents recorded by the Service Desk in a formal and consistent manner?||1|
|Is there a well developed schema for the categorization and identification of recorded incidents?||1||T|
|Is incident lifecycle management including opening, monitoring progress, resolution, and client feedback performed in a formal and consistent manner?||1||S|
|Are all Service Desk processes and procedures documented and adhered to by Service Desk Analysts?||1||I|
|Are Service Desk policies based upon a best practices framework such as ITIL?||1|
|Is there a common understanding of the Service Desk's role and scope throughout the organization?||1|
|Are the services supplied by Service Desk clearly documented and communicated to the organization?||1|
|Are regular meetings with key stakeholders held to assess their needs and ascertain their peception of the value of the Service Desk and the services provided?||1|
|Is the Service Desk regularly included in discussions regarding strategic IT initiatives and given sufficient notice of new support requirements?||1|
|It the Service Desk seen as a focal point for communicating information and data from IT to the rest of the organization?||1|
|Are standard reports concerning incidents produced regularly?||1|
|Is the tool for incident management able to generate robust and useful reporting on Service Desk metics and SLAs?||1|
|Is a knowledge base solution in place to house known problems and solutions||1|
|Are there self service tools in place for end-users to allow for password resets, entry of incidents, or searches for solutions to common problems?||1|
|Have the majority of redundant or manual processes been automated?||1|
|Do you regularly provide feedback to each Agent regarding the quality of calls and processing of the incident management lifecycle?||1|
|Is there a career path in place for Service Desk Agents allowing them to advance within the organization?||1|
|Are Service Desk Analysts required to earn professional or technical certification?||1|
|Is agent satisfaction measured in a regular and consistent manner?||1|
|What is the level of Service Desk Analyst turnover? (High turnover =1, Low turnover =5)||1|
|Does the Service Desk have formal Service Level Agreements (SLAs) in place?||1|
|Is Service Desk performance against SLAs measured and reported on a regular basis?||1|
|Does the Service Desk perform regular trend analysis regarding incident occurrence and resolution?||1|
|Does Service Desk contribute in a meaningful to the processes of Problem or Change Management?||1|
|Is client and stakeholder feedback gathered and used to fuel continuous service improvement efforts?||1|
|Overall Service Desk Maturity Score||25|
a proprietary tool Giva, Inc. and is copyrighted. By using this Tool, you
agree that it is for your internal use only and will not be distributed
outside of your organization. ® Giva, Inc. All rights reserved.
IT Help Desk Whitepapers
- How Does Your Help Desk Measure Up? - A Help Desk can cut costs and enhance productivity. Is yours meeting the mark?
- Considerations for Outsourcing: Service Desk - A guide to improving your Service Desk and Service Delivery performance through outsourcing
- Looking Beyond the Sticker Price - "What it really costs to operate a call tracking system" - Summary of Acquisition and Lifetime Costs
- How Does the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA) Impact the Hospital and Healthcare Industry