Giva wholeheartedly believes in the power of one person's ability to affect change in the world, let alone one other person's life, just by being willing to take that first step in offering their time, skills, talents, etc., to help others. In that spirit, we have created this Volunteer Resource Information Centre to assist people in finding their perfect place in the world of volunteerism!
Volunteering (v): an unpaid activity in which a person offers his/her time to help a not-for-profit organisation or an unrelated individual
Tips For Getting Started
- What am I passionate about?
- What are the skills and talents I can offer?
- How can my skills and talents help a community organisation?
- What population(s) do I enjoy most or would like to explore?
- Would I rather work independently or with others?
- How much time and responsibility am I ready to commit?
What are the benefits of volunteering?
- Learn or develop new skills
- Be part of the community
- Motivation and sense of achievement
- Boost your career options
- New interests/hobbies
- Meeting new people
- Problem solving
- Higher self-esteem
- Lower levels of depression
- Greater physical health
Upcoming & On-Demand Volunteering Webinars
Government Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
International Volunteer Opportunities
Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Student Volunteer Opportunities
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
Older Adult and Retiree Volunteer Opportunities