Do check signers have significant pain?
- Understand pain points of CIO/VP Customer Service
- Significant pain must exist for senior management to sign a check
- Giva White Papers will help you "listen" for pain statements
- Tell vendors your pain. Otherwise, they will ignore you
Are funds approved and set aside?
- Check in with CIO or VP Customer Service
- Don't invest time until given iron clad assurance that funds are available
- Determine what you are already paying for application maintenance
- Find a cloud based replacement product for less money than annual maintenance
Learn latest IT service desk or customer service best practises.
- Prepare to ask vendors tough questions with confidence
- Prod and poke at vendors...you lead the questioning
- Acquire best practises fluency: first call resolution, service level agreement compliance, root cause analysis, customer satisfaction surveys, KPIs/metrics, dashboards, etc.
- Subscribe to Giva Blog & review Giva White Papers. Join "Linked In" groups, industry associations and user groups
What are problems with current call tracking system?
- Hire consultants/technical experts, if necessary
- Call vendor CEO; list of issues ready to send.
- Proposal to fix? Cost, timeline, guarantees
- Is fixing less expensive vs. buying a new application
What are feature needs/requirements?
- Obtain feedback from all stakeholders; prioritize the list
- Use Giva's Needs Assessment Tool as a starting point
- Check signers like a rigorous quantitative analysis
- Share requirements openly with short list of vendors
Ask vendors tough questions early and often.
- Early on share complex "must have" & "deal killer" requirements to eliminate vendors
- Ask for an estimated price quote. Is it in your budget ball park?
- Ask for customer case studies and references
- Poke and prod, listen carefully, get it all in writing
What is the total cost of ownership (TCO) of all vendors?
- Calculate TCO of all vendors for applies-to-apples comparison
- Acquisition costs only 30% of TCO over 5 years according to Gartner Group
- Ongoing lifetime costs vary significantly between vendors
- Compare cloud vs. on premise hosted software licenses
What are important license agreement terms?
- What happens if stop paying annual maintenance?
- Arbitration clause - inexpensive means of recourse
- SLAs for product support & reports to measure SLA compliance
- Termination clauses
Need Better Reports, Metrics & Dashboards than Track-It! Offers?
Replace Numara Track-It! help desk software with Giva Cloud Computing
Has your organisation outgrown Track-It!? We know that you need to measure performance with metrics, charts and graphs to reward stakeholders and take action when necessary. Our visual tools allow you to analyse data and proactively highlight trends and patterns early on.
Each report features our Giva Easy Three-Click Reporting™ engine that allows you to quickly build standard and completely customizable Report queries.
- Intuitive human friendly Report user interface
- Export Reports to Adobe® PDF (with colour output) and CSV file
- Email Reports on-the-fly
- Schedule Reports for automatic email delivery
- WYSIWYG browser printing
The Web-native Giva Service Management™ Suite is an on-demand Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution with the following highly integrated or standalone modules:
BMC Remedy is a registered trademark of BMC Software. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks
and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.