Cloud computing has reached every industry and educating people has made the idea of cloud storage more feasible in the minds of the general public. So much so, that even some of the most security critical industries have dared to venture into the cloud. This case study uses Westpac, a banking corporation, as an example to outline some of the benefits of a cloud transition. Over the coming years, the bank plans to move 70 percent of the its processes to a hybrid Platform as a Service (PaaS) cloud environment, through the organisation's 'Agilus' initiative. The remaining 30 percent consisting of old applications do not require change and will therefore remain on-premises. Below is a list of some of the benefits that organisations and their customers may realise as a result of their transition to the cloud:
There are certain things, typically mentioned in SLAs, that a customer should receive as integral components of their IT help desk purchase. But, while an SLA is a vital part of B2B transactions, not all vendors will act in accordance with it. What is worse is that in many cases the SLA itself fails to provide clear-cut and comprehensive details on the level of service a customer will receive. In both cases, the customer suffers the consequences. Here are three things that organisations should expect from their IT help desk vendors:
Most companies start off small, using manual processes to complete tasks due to budget and resource restrictions. But as an organisation expands, there comes a time when this simply is not enough and automation becomes a strategic necessity. It is at this point that business leaders should invest in IT help desks. Below is a list of signs that it is time for your company to deploy an IT help desk:
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is growing faster than ever before and is bringing new solutions to healthcare. This rising industry has created many opportunities for the betterment of medical treatments through the use of various technologies and equipment that can sense, understand, function and learn new things. These new capabilities allow AI to perform specialised medical and administrative tasks in the many divisions of healthcare. According to the World Health Organisation, by 2035, there will be a shortage of 12.9 million medical professionals internationally. AI can respond to the increasing demand by making up for some tasks where staff members are lacking. Listed below are seven ways in which healthcare is being reformed by AI:
Even though shadow IT (or rogue IT) has wreaked havoc on organisational order, it is an unavoidable trend that IT departments must get ahead of and use to their advantage. Listed below are several ways that leaders can utilise to make the most of the current situation:
While the core elements of excellent customer service are generally the same, there are stark differences in the way it is managed within the healthcare industry and outside of it. Customers typically do not want to visit their medical practitioner or the hospital; but when they have no choice their nerves can quickly be worked into a frenzy. Consequently, healthcare entities should go the extra mile in providing their patients with exceptional customer service. Below is a list of 5 tips that can enhance customer service strategies among healthcare entities:
In spite of the growing cybersecurity awareness across most organisations, 2017 presented us with some of the worst international cyber attacks to date, affecting even some of the greatest corporations. Consequently, it is expected that CIOs and security professionals alike will begin to proactively develop more reformed approaches to cybersecurity within their organisations. Below is a list of some of the predicted security trends for 2018:
In mid-February of 2017, the Australian Government passed the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act 2017 (NDB). This act, effective as of 22 February, 2018, establishes an obligatory data breach notification process on the national level. It functions as an amendment to the pre-existing Privacy Act 1988, and means that all organisations covered by this act also fall under the new NDB Amendment and must comply with its rules.
As a service provider, you use your help desk to assist end users with their problems. However, if the software you deploy lacks vital features, it will become quite difficult for you to keep your customers satisfied. Below is a list of components that will make your help desk software and systems outstanding:
By the end of 2017, the Australian federal government will propose new legislation that will force the hand of technology giants. These laws will oblige companies like Facebook and Apple to decrypt messages that are sent or received by suspected criminals, drug traffickers, pedophile rings and terrorists upon the request of law enforcement agencies. The government will also have the ability to monitor devices and networks.